Senior Cloud Engineer/Team Lead (Location - Raleigh, NC)
K4Connect is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer/Team Lead to expand and develop an AWS based Software as a Service platform. Our platform is built using the latest technologies, such as: Kubernetes, NodeJS, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, data analytics, and more. This Senior Cloud Engineer will materially scale our platform and leverage these technologies to improve the lives of others. As a permanent leader of a great team (no contracts offered), along with the best tools, you will lead the expansion of our cloud services/microservices to support many great new features that serve our clients.
Want to Do Meaningful Work?
We are a high impact, high growth, venture-backed company on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5 billion older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier, and happier lives. We believe that technology is not simply reserved for the next generation, but rather should empower all generations. If you are interested in joining a committed, impassioned, intelligent, and creative team that is driven to making a global impact, then K4Connect may be the place for you!
As a Senior Cloud Engineer/Team Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, coding, testing and deploying internal and customer-facing cloud services in Node.js.
- Managing multiple Kubernetes clusters, supporting multiple teams.
- Managing and deploying AWS based resources.
- Contributing to the overall cloud architecture.
- Consulting with and assisting other teams with Cloud needs.
- Ownership of products/services from design through delivery.
- Technical leadership, in addition to mentoring others.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with cloud development and technologies
- Minimum of 3 years of team lead experience
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, etc.
- Deep understanding of cloud API technologies – REST, OAuth, JSON
- Experience with microservices and microservice architecture
- Experience using NoSQL/SQL data stores
- Familiarity with security-first/privacy-first approach to design/development
- Experience using Git
- Experience working on a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Terraform
- Fullstack Developer experience
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond your core job responsibilities.
- A team player and desire to keep learning; helping others to grow.
- Comfortable participating in code & design reviews.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to collaborate in an agile environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker, willing to give ideas a try (then try again).
K4Connect is on a mission to leverage technology to empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier, and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer
- Hybrid Work Environment (Office and Home)
- Competitive Compensation Package (salary + stock options)
- Quality Healthcare Options for Medical (PPO & HSA), Dental, and Vision (Company Subsidized up to 100%)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, and LTD Plans
- Vanguard 401k Plan for Retirement Savings
- Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, and Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee Lounge complete with a steady supply of games, snacks, coffee, and drinks (someday that will matter again!)
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open, and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!